| |
| | |

Printer Forum   

 Forgot password?
View: 1458|Reply: 8

Sears T/W

[Copy link]

Post time: 2013-5-31 21:31:31 |Show all posts
A Customer brought me a sears T/W this morning that is typing the caps lower than the lower case letters. Its been a long time since I have seen one of these and remember if I have seen this problem before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post time: 2013-6-1 09:43:14 |Show all posts
I think we have both the round ones for the KMM and the flatsided ones for the KMG. Both removal and clinching.
I removed a set of blank key papers to expose the alphabet on a dirty KMM once.  Chemically cleaned it and polished the black finish.  Made it look new.  The lady came back to get it, swore it wasn't hers, and actually called the FBI because we "switched machines on her".  Nothing ever came of it.

Post time: 2013-6-1 08:00:02 |Show all posts
I still have those rail tools!  But I wish that I still had my keyring pliers.

Post time: 2013-6-1 06:20:36 |Show all posts
How about the tool to load the bearings in the Royal portable carriage rails? And the tool that squeezed the rails to adjust side play? And putting a thinner washer behind the loose dog in a Royal manual escapement to help skipping problems.
We used to service hundreds of manuals in about 20 high schools.  Carried them into the shop every summer for a good cleaning.  Did you notice that all typing rooms were on the second floor?  Lots of stair time.  We had 44 royals in a 64 chevy wagon a few times.
The good old days?

Post time: 2013-6-1 05:17:30 |Show all posts
I'll bet Joseph knows about ring & cylinder, platen parallel, trip, etc. (the good old days!) Be sure to get your "on-feet" before your motion!

Post time: 2013-6-1 03:47:55 |Show all posts
Old Guy was right. There was an adjustment on each side. Thanks

Post time: 2013-6-1 02:12:31 |Show all posts
Ah, the on feet/motion adjustmaents. If it is an old SCM, there will be a single pair of adjustments in the middle under the segment.

Post time: 2013-6-1 00:50:22 |Show all posts
OK, I will try this. Thanks, OLD GUY

Post time: 2013-5-31 23:01:25 |Show all posts
Just a guess since I don't know who made the Sears machine.  There are adjusting screws for (stops) for upper and lower case letters.  On the tips of these screws are plastic tips, I'll bet they are worn out.  Since you cannot get them any more you will have to compensate by adjusting the screw.  Loosen the lock nut and adjust, should be 2 sets on each side of the segment if it is a Brother machine.
Turn on the machine and use the shift, see what stops the segment or the carriage when you use the shift button. That is where the adjustment will be.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Advertise on OASQ.COM| Contact us| Archive| OASQ

2019-6-26 15:06 GMT-8

Powered by Discuz! 7.2

Release 20121101, © 2001-2019 OASQ.

To Top